So some of friends with families have been talking about a group vacation. So I have been tasked with building up an itinerary for these trips and while the final details will vary, I hope to build one that can used by the two varying groups. Australia, shouldnt be too hard.
Requirements : Beach, Realaxing, Lots of Beer, Kid friendly , Travel and Stay as a group. One week. ‘Not too expensive’
1. Take a Sydney Harbour cruise : The Sydney’s Harbour is long and dramatic with great sights such as the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge. Cruises are available in all ranges , from basic to luxurious, with food drinks and cocktails.
Basic cruise : $30, takes about 1.5 hours and is timed during the day or afternoon.
2. Complete one of the fascinating walking tours : From aborginal times to colonial times, to rock and roll , theres a walking tour for everyone , in Sydney. http://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/explore/places-to-go/attractions-and-tours/historical-walking-tours
Self Guided Walking Tour : Free , takes a couple of hours.
3. Bondi beach, Manly beach and more…
Sun sand and surf !
Drive to Gold Coast/Brisbane
Day 1 : Sydney to Newcastle
1. Hawkesbury River : This river that feeds into Broken Bay, is surrounded by three national parks.
If time permits , visit the river, the marina, the parks around.
2. Terrigal : 45 mins ahead on the Pacific Highway from Hawesbury riverDistance 55 Kms from Sydney . Drive time 45 min.
Beach, cliffs and
3. Drive to New Castle : This looks like a really promising route. (See pic)
The drive should take us along the coast , with view of the Pacific Ocean on one side and the bays on the other. While I havent been there yet, it does look like it would have a few good stops along the way.
What to do at Newcastle ? Where to stay , possible options for big group . (To be updated)
Overnight at New Castle.
Day 2 : Hunter Valley Wine region to Coffs Harbour
1. Short Stop at Port Macquarie for lunch. Port Macquarie is on estuary of the Hastings rivers and offers and lot of things to do.
2. Detour off the road to South West Rocks for a short break.
The South West Rocks tourist park and the Hat Head National park has lots of good places for camping, picnicing and just relaxing. There is the also the Trail Bay Gaol here. (I am fascinated by prisons)
3. Drive on to Coffs Harbour, where we stay for the night. Ok the most imporatnat thing about Coff’s harbour seems to be its banana industry. 🙂
Just kidding , it has a lots of stuff to do and see.
Surfing , sailing, nature trails, sunset and beer on the marina.
Day 3 : Gold Coast
(To be contd)